Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014: A Look Back

Somehow, I've managed to not write anything since March. This thankfully doesn't mean I haven't been active since then.

Parkour sort of hit a wall this year. Things in my personal life made doing it difficult. I kept meaning to go to one event or another and things (mostly excuses) kept cropping up. I did eventually make it back to the gym, for a women's parkour meet-up. I was pretty sure the only thing I would remember would be the vaults as I actually use those fairly often. They are really useful at work. Turns out I remembered a lot more than I thought I would. I didn't look like an awkward moose while trying to do a shoulder roll. There was actual upward momentum when I did a wall run. And I nearly made it onto the top of the 6' wall. And I still hate kong vaults.

Derby has been interesting. Debs has changed, evolved, as is often necessary. I surprised myself by testing well enough to stay in the mid-level group. I made nearly half of the practices (stupid illness made me short by one but the coaches understood). The spring should be even better. It's amazing how much I remembered! I'm excited to see what the spring will bring. Most likely, more dry lands as all the events in St. Paul in the spring make practice spaces hard but I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment